Rocking your new hairstyle
September 10, 2014
How to care for Indian weft hair
Indian weft hair is the most versatile of hair extensions; you can style it, curl it and even colour it. And if taken care of, you can re-use it for up to two years. You may be wondering how to go about taking care of your extensions so that they last longer. If you are a first time user of Indian weft hair, then, here are a few helpful hints on how to care for your hair.
• Make sure you wash your hair once or twice a week using high quality, low PH shampoos and conditioners.
• Once a week you should have an intense moisturising treatment.
• Always allow your Indian weft hair to dry, if you feel it will take too long a hair dryer set to medium heat will also work, but only allow it to dry halfway and allow the rest to air dry.
• Never rub your hair aggressively with a towel in order to dry it, this causes damage to the hair and also to the plaits underneath and it won’t last long.
• Once dry, section the hair and brush the hair from bottom to top using short strokes. It is recommended that you use either a paddle brush or a wide toothed comb or even use your finger to brush through the hair.
• For glossy hair, use a water based silicon serum or mousse
• When going to bed at night, loosely braid sections of the hair and wrap with a silk scarf or bonnet. This prevents tangling during the night.
• Make sure your scalp is well oiled to prevent itching.
If you follow these instructions you will have glossy, smooth hair for longer.